Brews and Boardgames Happy Hour

I was commissioned to do a poster for the Brew and Boardgames Happy Hour event that takes place monthly over at the Windup Space. This one was a lot of fun because I was asked to illustrate a scene involving people playing games/cards but was otherwise given almost entirely free reign. I went the Milton Bradley boardgame route, and really enjoyed this one.



I didn't stray too far from the initial sketch other than some of the type and information in the poster. That left panel went through a few variations as the client went through a few iterations of what information should be on the poster.



Colors also went through a few changes. I really liked this version, but was having a hard time making the colors not compete too much , especially once I laid in the logo and whatnot on top. I'll have to play around with this palette again, cuz it was super fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment