Mountain Mystery




These illustrations are from a job I recently completed for Cricket Magazine. It will be in their October issue, and was for a sort of modern "ghost" story. Karen Kohn was my art director, and pretty much gave me total freedom. This is the first big project I've done in a little while, and it felt really good to get back into the swing of things art-wise. (Always keep drawing no matter what is going on, or you will quickly realize how easy it is to get rusty!)



When I sent over the sketches, I wanted to make sure they were fairly tight, and decided to go ahead and do some b&w tonal studies to give a sense of what I was planning to do when it came to color. I definitely could have kept working on (and potentially overworking on) these - after I sent them, I realized there were a couple things I had meant to do but had forgotten. Overall though, I think they came out quite nicely

No comments:

Post a Comment