MICA swap: Hashtags!

I took part in a sketch swap with a class of MICA juniors a few months ago. The theme was Hashtags, which is kind of nice, because it was the most open-ended prompt ever. Basically a chance for these kids to draw whatever the hell they wanted.

I was given a sketch based on #twothingsthatarehardtodoatthesametime. Possibly the longest hashtag in existence. The sketch was by Kayla Bickers.
I decided that biking and applying lipstick/brushing your hair or whatever isn't really the hardest thing, but riding brakeless in a dress and trying to braid your hair? That takes some dedication.

I'm pretty happy with the way this one came out. I don't often like using a red-white-blue color scheme,  (I know I constantly get stuck in a primary color triad, I can't help it! I love the simple colors!) but I wanted to try something a little different. and I think it came out successfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment